Kala Chana Masala
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 5 |
Kala Chana Masala is a very common dish in almost every muslim household in North India, popularly known as “Ghoogni”. Easy to make and a very versatile dish that can be served in breakfast or just as anytime snack.
- 2 cup black chick peas – washed and soaked over night
- 2 medium onions – sliced
- 1 medium tomato – chopped
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 cups water
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, when it splutter add sliced onions and fry till it turn translucent. Add chopped tomatoes, chillies and ginger garlic paste. Add chick peas, and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water and pressure cook on medium flame for around 8- 10 minutes.
- When it cools, open the cooker and put it back on flame. Add the garam masala powder and lemon juice and cook it till all the extra moisture dries up.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.