Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 6 |
Total reviews: 2 Views: 468
Extremely succulent and flavourful jujeh kababs, its a famous recipe from Iranian cuisine. Got this recipe courtesy an Irani friend of mine. These kababs are generally served with any aromatic rice or pulao and grilled tomatoes.
- 500 grams chicken breast - cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup hung yoghurt
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 strands of saffron
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Juice of a lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
Directions & How to
- Wash, rinse and pat dry chicken with a clean cloth.
- Combine all the ingredients for marinating in a bowl and blend it well. Add chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the bowl, refrigerate it and leave it to marinate for 10-12 hours. Ideally it should be left to marinate for 24 hours.
- To prepare basting mixture mix olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice and pepper powder in a small bowl.
- Put chicken chunks in the skewers and cook it over electric or charcoal grill till it is cooked through. While cooking baste it with basting mixture once or twice.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a serving plate and serve hot.