Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Golden tikki…a scrumptious preparation with bread and a nice spicy filling, its like deep fried sandwich, the seviyan coating makes it more beautiful and tasty. Golden tikki can be enjoyed as a snack or even as a starter.
Directions & How to
- Cut the bread slices into rounds or squares. If cutting into squares then remove the edges first before cutting.
- Take a slice, spread a spoonful of filling evenly on it, cover it with another bread slice. Press gently and keep aside.
- Repeat the same with all the bread slices.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl with little salt and pepper. Spread the sevaiyi on a flat plate and keep aside.
- Dip the filled bread slices in the eggs, coat well with seviya on both the sides and deep fry in hot oil till golden and crisp. Remove on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.