Total Time: Preparation Time: 5-10 mins Cooking Time: 8-10 mins Servings: 4 |
Garlic bread…simple and very easy to follow recipe of hot crisp garlic bread…you can make it plain garlicky cheesy toast or toss some veggie like onions or peppers over it.
- 1 baguette or garlic bread loaf- about 1 feet long
- 3-4 tbsp butter- at room temperature
- 3-4 tbsp mayonnaise or cream cheese - optional
- 5-6 garlic flakes - finely grated or minced
- 1/2 cup chopped veggies - onion, bell peppers (capsicum), sweet corn etc - optional
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup grated mozarella cheese
Directions & How to
- Preheat the over at 200o C.
- In a small bowl mix together minced garlic, mayonnaise or cream cheese(if using) and butter.
- Slice the baguette into 3/4" thick pieces.
- Spread the butter mixture generously and evenly on each slice.
- If you wish to veggies over it then sprinkle some chopped veggies over it.
- Top it with generous amount of cheese, as much cheesy as you want.
- Place the slices on a baking rack/ tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for around 6-8 minutes or till cheese melts and it turns golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with oregano and tomato ketchup.