Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 5-10 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Fattoush is a famous Lebanese salad made with vegetables and crisp toasted pita bread. This salad serves as a good accompaniment to grilled or barbecued meat.
- 2 pita breads
- 2 English or Lebanese cucumber - cubed
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes or 2 medium sized tomato - cubed
- 1 green bell pepper - cubed
- 2 onion - cubed
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions & How to
- Cut the pita bread into 1 inch squares. Bake them in hot oven till crisp. You can even deep fry it till crispy and golden.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the veggies and crisp pita bread squares and mix well. Add the prepared dressing and toss everything well.
- Transfer it on a serving plate and serve immediately.