Chicken Pick Me Ups
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 6 |
Chicken pick me ups, is marinated chunks of chicken, skewered in tooth picks and grilled or fried. A very colorful and flavorful dish to beautify your party table. A fun to eat snack too.
- 500 grams chicken breast - cut into small chunks
- Cubed capsicum/bell peppers- equal to the number of chicken pieces
- Cubed onions- equal to the number of chicken pieces
- Cubed firm tomatoes- equal to the number of chicken pieces
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each cumin and coriander powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Wash, rinse and pat dry the chicken chunks with a clean cloth.
- Combine all the ingredients listed for marination in a bowl. Blend it well and prepare the marinade.
- Add chicken chunks, mix well, cover the bowl, refrigerate it and leave it to marinate for 8-10 hours.
- While cooking, skewer a single chunk of chicken in a tooth pick along with a piece of cubed capsicum, onion and tomato. Skewer the remaining chunks too in the same way.
- Cook it over charcoal or electric grill till done. While cooking baste it once with a little oil. * It can be pan fried too. For frying it in the pan, use very little oil and fry it in small batches.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.