Chicken majestic…a delicious and very popular chicken recipe from hyderabadi cuisine…extremely soft fried chicken strips tossed in a spicy indo chinese tarka…the softness to the chicken comes from the use of butter milk in its marination…its a little secret of this recipe…so friends do give this dish a try and send us your feedback on it.
- 300 grams chicken breast ( boneless) - cut into long thin strips
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
For the temper/tarka
- 7-8 garlic flakes - finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies - finely chopped
- 10-12 curry leaves - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp beaten curd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Wash and cut chicken to thin long strips.
- In a mixing bowl take the butter milk and add little salt to it. Add the chicken strips, mix well, cover the bowl and leave to marinate in the fridge for 3-4 hours or even overnight. i
- While frying drain the excess buttermilk and add ginger garlic paste, cornflour, egg, little red chilli powder and little more salt. Mix well and set aside for at least 10 mins.
- Deep fry on a medium heat till light golden and crisp. Remove on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In a kadhai or wok heat around 2 -3 tbsp of the same oil. Add garlic and fry till it turns golden.
- Add chopped chillies, curry leaves, mint and coriander leaves and fry for a minute.
- Mix in all the spices (turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder), stir well, add beaten curd, stir and saute it for another minute.
- Now add soya sauce and the fried chicken strips. Mix well and saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves and lemon juice.