Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
Chicken curry, mild spicy chicken gravy wherein chicken is marinated and then cooked and flavoured with curry leaves, cashew nut paste used gives it a rich creamy base.
- 1/2 kg chicken – cut into small pieces
- ½ cup beaten yoghurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
For the gravy
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 7-8 garlic flakes finely chopped
- 9- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- Roasted and powdered – ( 1 tsp each cumin seeds and coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp black pepper corns and 3-4 dry red chilies)
- 4 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 5 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- In a bowl mix all ingredients for marinating and marinate chicken for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it starts to splutter add curry leaves, chopped garlic, and green chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cashew nut paste, sauté it for a minute. Add tomato puree, tomato sauce, powdered spices, salt and cook it for 2 minutes. Add marinated chicken and sauté it for 2-3 minutes. Add around ½ cup of water and cook it for 6-8 minutes or till done.
- Serve hot.