Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 30-35 mins Servings: 6 |
Simple, tasty and aromatic Bangalore biryani. The distinctness of this biryani lies in the rice used in it. Its Jeera Samba rice, small ovular aromatic grains, grown extensively in southern India.
- 500 grams chicken - cut into medium pieces
- 500 grams jeera samba rice
- 3 medium sized onion - sliced
- 1 cup yoghurt - well beaten
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 6 cups of hot water
- 1/2 cup oil
Directions & How to
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Wash and clean the chicken. Mix together yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and turmeric powder and marinate the chicken in this for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add the onions and fry till golden.
- Add marinated chicken and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped chillies, salt and powdered spices and cook it for further 7-8 minutes.
- Mix rice into it, add coriander and mint leaves, stir well and cook it for 1 more minute.
- Pour in hot water, bring it to a boil, reduce the flame and let it cook till the water absorbs and rice is cooked through.
- Serve hot with boiled eggs, raita and pappadams.