Banana Cheese Kofta
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-25 mins Servings: 4 |
Banana Cheese Kofta is made very simple ingredients but does not taste like one. This tastes very much like a restaurant dish and a very good option as main course for vegetarians.
For the koftas
- 500g raw banana
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium onion paste
- 1 large tomato, grated
- 1 tsp heaped ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup milk and water half and half
- 2-3 tbsp oil for gravy
- Oil to deep fry the koftas
For the stuffing
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 5-6 cheese cubes
Directions & How to
- Peel the banana and cut in half. Cover and cook in 2 cups water till completely cooked.
- Strain and transfer the bananas to a bowl. Mash well with fork leaving no lumps. Add salt, mix well and keep aside.
- For the stuffing cut the cheese cubes further in smaller cubes. Mix together all the ingredients of stuffing together.
- Take a handful of mashed bananas. Flatten it out your palm (slightly wet your palms). Place the stuffing in between and bring all sides together to make a smooth ball. Do likewise with rest of mashed bananas.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the koftas in batches till golden.
- For the gravy; heat oil in a deep pan. Add onion paste and fry till light golden. Add tomato and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, sauté it well. Add rest of the masala powders and cook till oil separates.
- Add milk and water and simmer the gravy for 4-5 minutes.
- For serving place the koftas in serving dish and pour hot gravy over it. Serve with your choice of roti.