Arbi in lal masala
Total Time: Preparation Time: 5-10 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4 |
Arbi a very popular vegetable, is prepared in a very different style here. It is cooked in red chilli paste, which gives the vibrant red colour to this dish. Do try our arbi in lal masala and send us your feedback on this.
- 250 grams colocassia or arbi – cut into medium size pieces
- 5-6 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green chilli - slit
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp red chilli paste
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic and cumin seeds, when it crackles add green chilli and tomatoes and cook it for 2-3 minutes or till tomatoes turn soft .
- Add vinegar, red chilli paste and a little water and cook it for 4-5 minutes or till oil starts leaving the pan.
- Now add arbi, put salt and around a cup of water and cook it for 10 – 12 minutes or till arbi is cooked through.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.