Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
Servings: 10-12 |
Arayes is meat stuffed pita bread, a very famous Lebanese dish. Traditionally mutton or beef mince is used, I have made this using chicken mince.
- 4-5 pita breads
- 250 grams mince meat - You can use mutton, beef or chicken
- 1 onion -finely chopped
- 1 tomato - finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp zaatar spice - optional
- 1 small bunch parsley or coriander leaves- finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
Directions & How to
- Mix all the ingredients in the minced meat very well.
- Preheat your oven at 200oC.
- Cut the pita bread into quarters.
- Spread evenly about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture into the pita bread.
- Brush both the sides of the pita with little olive oil.
- Arrange in a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes. Flip them over once after 10 minutes, and bake till crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with hummus or any yoghurt dip.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe