Andhra Chilli Chicken
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4-6 |
A very very hot and spicy Andhra chilli chicken, an interesting, palatable unique fusion of the heat from Andhra and the Chinese cuisine, a dish to be savoured in winters. If u r real spicy food lover then, this is a must try dish.
- 500 grams chicken - with bones
- 12-15 fresh green chilies - preferably little longer and thick ones
- 6-7 flakes of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tsp - green chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Wash and pat dry the green chilies. Make a deep slit on it or cut into halves lenghtwise and keep aside.
- In a bowl take the chicken, add salt, chili paste, pepper powder, 1 tsp soya sauce and 1 tsp vinegar. Mix well and leave it to marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and fry it till it turns golden, add the chilies and fry it well for a minute or two.
- Mix in marinated chicken, stir well for 2-3 minutes, cover it and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add around 1/2 cup water and cook it further for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add remaining soya sauce, vinegar, and adjust salt. Mix the corn flour in little water, make a slurry and mix it into the pan.
- Cook for further 2 minutes, take off the heat.
- Serve hot with plain rice or any fried rice of your choice.